New Extender Setup
New Extender Setup
Users access the mywifiext.net website to complete the setup of their Wireless Range Extender, but sometimes the ‘mywifiext.net not working’ error does not let the users complete their setup process. This is because mywifiext is not like the other regular websites ( Smart Wizard website or Genie Website) of Netgear Range Extender. In this post, we will be sharing the simple guidelines that can help you to fix mywifiext.net not working problem with your device.
If you want to access the wwwmywifiext.net new extender setup web address, your PC must be connected to the Netgear Wireless Range Extender. If your PC is not connected to the extender, the following error will appear on the screen
“ You are not connected to your Extender’s WiFi Network. Please check your Internet Connection and Try Again”.
If your PC is not connected to the network, the following errors may appear on your screen:
Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer – “You are not connected to the network” or “Page cannot be displayed”.
Firefox – “Server Not Found, Firefox can’t find the server at www.mywifiext.net”.
Google Chrome – “Unable to connect t the internet. Google Chrome can not display the web page because your computer is not connected to the internet”.
Safari – “Cannot find the server”.
Troubleshoot mywifiext.net not working error: Follow the guidelines below
- Place your Netgear WiFi Range Extender and router in the same room.
- After New Extender Setup is done and you have the active router connection, you can move your extender to the desired location.
- Check and make that you have plugged in the Wifi Range Extender to the power outlet. If your extender is working, the power LED will turn on.
- If your Extender had ‘PC to Extender LED’ or ‘ Device to Extender LED’ then check and make sure LED is lit. In case not, try unplugging both ends of your Ethernet cable you used to connect the extender to the computer. Wait for a while and plug it back.
- Open a web browser and click on the address bar. Here, type the default IP address of your Extender i.e 192.168.1.250.
- If you are still unable to access your wireless range extender, try resetting your web browser.
- Assign a Static IP Address to your computer.
- Before making any changes in the network settings, not down the current Router (Mac) or Default Gateway (WIndows) address. You can use the IP Address “ 192.168.1.249” and Subnet Mark “255.255.255.0”.
Hopefully, these simple instructions will help you to fix the mywifiext.net not working problem. Once you are done, you can continue with the extender setup to extend the wifi signals range in your home or office.
Steps for Setup Wifi Range Extender using www.mywifiext.net :
- Connect your Netgear Wireless Range Extender to the power outlet.
- Place the router and extender in the same room.
- Use your computer and laptop to proceed with the setup.
- Open any browser on your computer and type www.mywifiext.net login in the address bar. This will direct you to the Netgear Genie Setup page.
- Here, you can complete the New Extender Setup for your device. Make an account.
- Once you make an account, you will get an option that if you want to set up the Netgear Wireless Range Extender or not. This can work in twp ways – Setup as Wireless Range Extender or Setup as Access Point
- If you want to set up your Extender as a Wifi range extender, you can hit on the ‘ Wireless Range Extender’.
- If you want to set up your Extender as Access Point, you can hit on ‘Access Point’ and tap to the next.
- You will be provided with the wireless network list and from this list, you need to select the existing remote network.
Hopefully, these guidelines will help you to troubleshoot the Extender Setup issues and let you complete the New Extender Setup without any hassle. All the troubleshooting steps are very simple and easy to follow, but if you are still unable to complete the setup, get in touch with experts. The professional team of skilled and qualified experts will help you to troubleshoot the problem and complete the setup without any hassle.